EPIC Pharmacies Announces 2014 Student Grant Award Recipients
NOTTINGHAM, Md.— EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of more than 1,300 independently owned pharmacies, today announced the winners of its 2014 student grant program. Grants were awarded to 15 pharmacy students who plan to practice in an independent pharmacy upon graduation.
“In today’s chain-saturated marketplace, these students have demonstrated dedication to patient care and their local communities. They understand that independent pharmacy offers numerous benefits and resources, and that it can be both financially and personally rewarding,” says EPIC Pharmacies President and CEO Angelo C. Voxakis, P.D.
The 2014 recipients include:
- Elee Barber, University of Louisiana at Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Natasha Colvin, Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy
- Lacey Condron, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
- Ellen Eiler, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
- Lei Guo, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Jessica Harvin, Mercer University College of Pharmacy
- Rebecca Hollins, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Alexander Jackson, Florida A&M University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Brittany Keel, Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Bomsaem Kim, St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Leah McMahon, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
- Steven Mowder, Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy
- Adam Reinhart, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
- Jordan Smith, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
Applications for the 2015 program will be available on January 1, 2015, at any of the more than 1,300 EPIC Pharmacies member locations. To find a location near you or more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.
About EPIC Pharmacies, Inc.: Formed in 1982 and headquartered in Maryland, EPIC Pharmacies is a true co-op of community pharmacies dedicated to personal, quality service and competitive prices. By providing its members with group buying power, provider networks, and managed care solutions essential to delivering quality patient care, EPIC Pharmacies is committed to helping independent pharmacies thrive in today’s chain-saturated marketplace. For more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.