EPIC Pharmacies Announces 2017 Student Grant Award Recipients
NOTTINGHAM, Md.— EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of more than 1,500 independently owned pharmacies, today announced the winners of its 2017 student grant program. Grants were awarded to 12 pharmacy students who plan to practice in an independent pharmacy upon graduation.
“The next generation of independent pharmacists will have a crucial role in addressing an increasing patient population and evolving health care system,” says EPIC Pharmacies Chief Executive Officer Jay Romero, R.Ph. “We are proud to once again recognize pharmacy students dedicated to patient care and support the future of independent pharmacy.”
The 2017 recipients include:
- Elee Barber, University of Louisiana Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Torrence Barber, University of Louisiana Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Ryan Benfield, High Point University Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy
- Jennifer Bounds, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
- Elizabeth Britt, Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Brennan Foreman, Ferris State University College of Pharmacy
- Christopher Gerhart, Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy
- Sona Goswami, St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Jessica Krummel, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Hoby Mullins, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
- Jatinder Singh, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
- Alexandra White, South University School of Pharmacy
Applications for the 2018 program will be available on January 1, 2018, at any of the more than 1,500 EPIC Pharmacies member locations. To find a location near you, click here.
About EPIC Pharmacies, Inc.: Formed in 1982 and headquartered in Maryland, EPIC Pharmacies is a true co-op of community pharmacies dedicated to personal, quality service, and competitive prices. By providing its members with group buying power, provider networks, clinical performance tools, and managed care solutions essential to delivering quality patient care, EPIC Pharmacies is committed to helping independent pharmacies thrive in today’s chain-saturated marketplace.