EPIC Pharmacies Announces 2016 Student Grant Award Recipients
NOTTINGHAM, Md.— EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of more than 1,400 independently owned pharmacies, today announced the winners of its 2016 student grant program. Grants were awarded to 12 pharmacy students who plan to practice in an independent pharmacy upon graduation.
“We are excited to support the next generation of independent pharmacists,” says EPIC Pharmacies Chief Executive Officer Jay Romero, R.Ph. “In recognizing these pharmacy students, EPIC Pharmacies is acknowledging their dedication to independent pharmacy, patient care, and their community.”
The 2016 recipients include:
- Elee Barber, University of Louisiana Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Torrence Barber, University of Louisiana Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Zauri Bradley, University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- Brian Galson, Temple University School of Pharmacy
- Alex Jackson, Florida A&M University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Jessica Krummel, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- James Reed, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy
- Michael Rogers, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
- Jatinder Singh, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
- Trevor Thain, Purdue College of Pharmacy
- Jasmine Turner, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
- Alexandra White, South University School of Pharmacy
Applications for the 2017 program will be available on January 1, 2017, at any of the more than 1,400 EPIC Pharmacies member locations. To find a location near you or more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.
About EPIC Pharmacies, Inc.: Formed in 1982 and headquartered in Maryland, EPIC Pharmacies is a true co-op of community pharmacies dedicated to personal, quality service, and competitive prices. By providing its members with group buying power, provider networks, clinical performance tools, and managed care solutions essential to delivering quality patient care, EPIC Pharmacies is committed to helping independent pharmacies thrive in today’s chain-saturated marketplace. For more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.