EPIC Pharmacies Announces 2015 Student Grant Award Recipients
NOTTINGHAM, Md.— EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of more than 1,400 independently owned pharmacies, today announced the winners of its 2015 student grant program. Grants were awarded to 16 pharmacy students who plan to practice in an independent pharmacy upon graduation.
“I’m thrilled that EPIC Pharmacies can once again support future independent pharmacists. These students will carry on the traditions of quality care and personal service representative of independent pharmacy that are practiced in each EPIC Pharmacies co-op location,” says EPIC Pharmacies Chief Executive Officer Jay Romero, R.Ph.
The 2015 recipients include:
- Elee Barber, University of Louisiana at Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Hady Beydoun, MCPHS University
- Zauri Bradley, University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- Kerry Hettinger, Sullivan University College of Pharmacy
- Alexandra Holmes, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Amanda Lehmann, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Geena Nellis, University of Louisiana at Monroe School of Pharmacy
- Carrie Parker, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
- James Reed, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy
- Michael Rogers, Ouachita Baptist University
- Jordan Smith, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
- Trevor Thain, Purdue College of Pharmacy
- Jasmine Turner, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
- Chioma Uwandu, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Neil Vora, St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Kendra White, UMKC School of Pharmacy at Missouri State University
Applications for the 2016 program will be available on January 1, 2016, at any of the more than 1,400 EPIC Pharmacies member locations. To find a location near you or more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.
About EPIC Pharmacies, Inc.: Formed in 1982 and headquartered in Maryland, EPIC Pharmacies is a true co-op of community pharmacies dedicated to personal, quality service and competitive prices. By providing its members with group buying power, provider networks, and managed care solutions essential to delivering quality patient care, EPIC Pharmacies is committed to helping independent pharmacies thrive in today’s chain-saturated marketplace. For more information about EPIC Pharmacies, visit www.epicrx.com.